How Many Days in Juneau?
1 day/2 nights, to hit the highlights of downtown Juneau and Mendenhall Glacier. Keep in mind that if you are traveling via cruise ship, many only allow a half-day to explore Juneau.
These generally include pickup and drop off and last 1.5 to 3.5 hours, so even if you’re on a limited schedule, you should be able to take one of these and do a self-guided tour.
- Mendhenall Glacier raft
- Salmon bake
- Gold mining tour
- Bear Viewing
- Mt. Roberts Tramway. Departs from right near cruise docks; plan to spend at least 1 hour.
- Explore downtown
- Historic district of South Franklin Street
- Governor’s House and State Capital
- Alaska State Museum
- Alaska Brewing Company (transportation from downtown area for a fee)
- Mendenhall Glacier: Take a city bus or a cab to explore more than what a guided tour allows.
- Ski the slopes at Eaglecrest Ski Area. This ski area is on an island, so you'll enjoy ocean views as you hit the slopes. The ski area is just a short drive from Downtown Juneau.
Welcome to Juneau from AlaskaChannel.com on Vimeo.