Alaska Bus Schedules
If you don't want to rent a car and if you're looking to avoid the cost of the train, bus is the way to go. You won't find Greyhound, but rather a series of small bus companies that can get you to most of the highlights in good comfort. Most vehicles offer plenty of legroom, big picture windows and space to stow extra gear. Hop-on, hop-off service may be available, too—great for flexible scheduling.
Bus routes which branch out from Anchorage:
Alaska Park Connection Motorcoach
The most established and largest. These deluxe motor coaches have lots of legroom and picture windows; this is the only line to do same-day service between Denali and Seward.
Service to: Anchorage, Seward, Whittier, Talkeetna, and Denali
Schedule: Makes 2 daily departures between Anchorage and Seward. For more details, visit the Alaska Park Connection Motorcoach page.
Rules: Two check-ins, one carry-on. Advanced reservations recommended.
Phone: (855) 588-7247
Interior Alaska Bus Line
Year-round public transportation service. 20 Passenger buses with reclining seats offering low fares to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Tok and Northway. Veterans ride free
- Anchorage Route: Travels the Glenn Highway and Tok Cutoff to Tok. Returns to Anchorage same day
- Fairbanks Route: Travels the Richardson & Alaska Highways. Returns to Fairbanks same day
- Northway Route:* Travels the Alaska Highway between Northway and Tok. Runs twice per day
*(Route will only run if reservations are made 24hrs in advance.)
Schedule: Departures every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Rules: Reservations required. You’re allowed two checked, and one carry-on bag.
Phone: (800) 770-6652.
Alaska Bus Company
Affordable, comfortable, and reliable way to get around the Kenai Peninsula. Alaska Bus Company operates 27-passenger shuttle buses.
Service to: The 5‑hour route runs in both directions between the Anchorage airport and the charming town of Homer, stopping in Girdwood, Cooper Landing, and Soldotna
Schedule: Summertime-only, Monday through Friday.
Rules: Luggage is free, up to 2 large check-in-size bags. Bring your own car seat if traveling with infants; pets are allowed but must be kept in a kennel.
Get around Anchorage like the locals — take People Mover! These clean, reliable buses are an easy and inexpensive way to get to and from the airport or around town to see the hot spots.
- Airport to Downtown (Route 40)
- Airport to South Anchorage (Route 65)
- Alaska Native Heritage Center (Route 25): It’s about a 20-minute walk from the Muldoon Rd. & Heritage Center Dr. stop to the Heritage Cener.
- Anchorage Museum Downtown (Routes 11, 20, 30, 41, 92): The stop on 6th Ave. & C St. is directly in front of the museum.
- See more
Schedule: Year-Round. Buses run from 6 a.m. until midnight on weekdays and from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on weekends.
Rules: You can purchase bus passes in person at the Downtown Transit Center, with cash on the bus, or by downloading the mobile ticketing app, People Mover mTicket, from the App Store or Google Play.