Marine Highway Fares
Here are some additional details about schedules and fares on the Alaska Marine Highway System:
- Ferries run year round, though their prime summer schedule runs from May 1 to Sept. 30. Departure times vary by day on certain routes. To learn more about the Alaska Marine Highway and its various routes, see our Alaska Marine Highway Overview page.
- Fares come in components, and depend on the distance of your trip, whether you take a vehicle and whether you book a cabin.
- Check for discounts and specials. Children ages 6 to 11 ride for half price, while kids under 6 ride free.
- For reservations & quotes, call 1-800-642-0066, email [email protected], or visit https://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/
Prince Rupert to Skagway
Great for RV'ers who want to set out from outside of Alaska but don't want to drive the whole way.
Sailing time: around 2 and a half days
A week in Southwest Alaska: Valdez to Whittier, combined with a round-trip from Homer to Kodiak
This cruise works well with a popular driving circuit through some of America's most beautiful highway scenery. From Whittier, you drive to Anchorage along Turnagain Arm, and from there to Valdez along the Glenn and Richardson Highways -- seeing Alaska's largest roadside glaciers and highest waterfalls. Back at Whittier, you can drive south to the Kenai Peninsula or enjoy up-close glacier day cruises in Prince William Sound. Add on a trip from Homer to Kodiak and get off the beaten path and to see some of the wildlife Alaska is so well known for.
Sailing time: nearly 3 hours on the first leg, nearly 10 hours on the second leg.
Cross Gulf: Bellingham to Whittier
This trip drops you at a great launching spot to get you up to Denali by car or the Alaska Railroad. Plus, you can view gorgeous marine scenery.
- Sailing time: 4 and a half days