Alaska Cruises have become so popular that, today, you face a dizzying array of choices.
Here are the three most important decisions you’ll make:
- What size ship?: Conventional cruise or small exploration-style ship?
- What route?: Our advice article compares Inside Passage (roundtrip from Seattle) and Cross-Gulf of Alaska (one way from Vancouver) itineraries. Or other interesting itineraries entirely within Alaska (such as small ship cruises within the Inside Passage or Prince William Sound)?
- What cruiseline? Big ships like Princess or Royal Celebrity? Or small ships like UnCruise and Discovery Voyages.
And here are three mistakes not to make:
- Make sure you’re aware of the small ship option—most people aren’t
- Know what you’re missing if you take an Inside Passage-only itinerary
- Don’t fall for pricing gimmicks, because most agents sell the cruise for the same price
We can introduce you to a good agent who can steer you to the right cruiseline, ship, route, stateroom—even the best location on the ship—for your interests and budget.