How Many Days in Kodiak?
2 days/3 nights. Because Kodiak is hard to reach, plan to spend some time. You’ll want to do at least one wildlife tour and then explore the island on your own. But don’t shy away from staying longer.
- Fishing Charters (Half or full day)
- Flightseeing (1–2 hours)
- Bear-viewing tours (4–5 hours)
- Whale-watching tours (3 hours–full day)
- Guided hikes
- Kayaking tours (3 hours–full day)
- Explore downtown
- Alutiiq Museum
- Baranov Museum
- Maritime Museum
- Fort Abercrombie State Park
- Fisheries Research Center (great for kids!)
- Visit the harbor and look for trollers, crabbers and seiners. See if you can find any of the boats from The Deadliest Catch!
- Drive to Pasagshak Beach, look for fossils in the cliffsides, and check out the Alaska Aerospace Corporation’s launch tower.