How Many Days in Sitka?
1 full day in Sitka
- Many of these tours provide transportation from downtown, but plan ahead.
- Wildlife boat cruise (1 hour to full-day excursions)
- Fishing charters (half- to full-day)
- Flightseeing (about 1 hour)
- Sheet’ka Kwaan Kahidi Community House to see a Tlingit native dance performance
- Harrigan Centennial Hall to watch the New Archangel Dancers
- St. Michael’s Cathedral
- Sitka National Historical Park to see temperate rainforest and Tlingit and Haidi totem poles.
- Sheldon Jackson Museum
- Sitka Historical Museum to see Russian, Tlingit, and American Artifacts.
- Alaska Raptor Center for bald eagles, owls, and more.
If You Have Extra Time
- Take a boat or floatplane to Goddard Hot Springs or Baranof Warm Springs.
- Take a water taxi and hike Mt. Edgecombe, a dormant volcano.
- Visit popular salmon spawning sites