Sophie Station Suites, Fountainhead Hotels—part of Fairbanks’ locally owned hotel group—is, at first glance, geared toward business travelers, given its spacious modern design, high-tech perks and easy access to the airport. But families might get even more out of the 148 suite hotel, which has made a name for itself by looking out for the little details, from fresh flower arrangements and beautifully landscaped gardens to fantastic desserts.
All the suites are one-bedroom units and come with a balcony—most have a view of the lush landscaped gardens. Suites also feature a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator and stove/oven—great for snacks at any hour. Your suite also includes a copy of “Staying Alive in the Arctic,” a useful booklet full of fun facts, trivia and games for kids and adults alike.
Not that you’ll want to stay put in your suite the whole time. Sophie Station prides itself on being a little bit different, and that shows even in its unique breakfast at Zach’s Restaurant, which includes salmon hash, blueberry-sourdough pancakes, and big breakfast burritos. Zach’s—a popular place with the locals—also serves lunch and dinner, and is known for its decadent desserts, perhaps featuring wild Alaska blueberries or just blissfully loaded with chocolate. With floor-to-ceiling library books, oversized leather furniture and a large screen HD TV,
Don't miss the Express Room—a great place to relax and have a drink or order from Zach’s bar menu.
If you’re ready to venture out, talk to our staff—many of them are long-time city residents, and they’re always happy to help out with ideas or recommendations. Step outside the hotel and you’re a very short walk from Northern Threads, a unique Alaskan fabric store.
- Zach's Restaurant- casual dining, quiet appeal
- Express Room Lounge
- Free summer trolley. Check with Front Desk for hours of operation.
- Complimentary shuttle van for airport and train depot
- Internet kiosk in the lobby
- Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel
- Fitness room, open 24/7
- Meeting/banquet rooms for groups to 25 people
- On-site laundry facilities
- Room service
- Beautiful, award-winning flower gardens
- Three-story hotel with elevators
- Late-night wake-up calls if you want to see the Northern Lights during aurora season
- Smoke-free environment
- 1-bedroom suites
- Fully equipped kitchens including appliances, microwave, coffee maker
- Living area & breakfast bar
- 40-inch flat-panel cable TVs
- Telephone with voicemail, data ports and high-speed Internet access
- Hair dryer, air conditioning and iron
- Handicap accessible rooms
- Large bathroom/vanity area
- Private balcony
Fairbanks, AK 99709
From Fairbanks Airport: Take Airport Way leaving the airport. Take a right on University Avenue (at the 2nd traffic light). You will see the Sophie Station Hotel sign straight ahead on the left hand side of the road.
By Train: Fairbanks Train depot is located at 1745 Johansen Expressway. Contact hotel for transfer options from depot.
Prices & Dates
|Rates||Winter Rooms // starting at $159|
|Summer Rooms // starting at $279|