Go flightseeing in a helicopter out of scenic Seward and enjoy unforgettable views of the Kenai Mountain Range, Resurrection Bay, and gorgeous glaciers.
Glaciers, Mountains, & More
Have Alpine Air pick you up in a complimentary shuttle or drive yourself to Seward Airport. Then lift off in a helicopter, which offers maximum maneuverability to get close to glaciers and land in the most beautiful spots. Your experienced pilot will take you on a 30- to 60-minute flightseeing tour featuring breathtaking vistas. Along the way, look for wildlife on the cliffs and sea life in the ocean. Every seat offers a great view, and your pilot will fill you in on what you’re seeing. You can even choose to add a landing, where you’ll be surrounded by the grandeur of the Alaskan wilderness.
- 30-minute scenic flight. The Kenai Mountains offer iconic Alaskan snow-capped peaks, while Resurrection Bay is where shimmering waters meet swiftly rising rock. Then fly over Bear Glacier—its 13 miles of dramatic blue ice is the longest glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park—or Godwin Glacier, which works its way through the craggy mountains.
- 45-minute scenic flight. This adventure takes you over the majestic Bear Glacier and Resurrection Bay, as well as Aialik Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. Experience the massive Harding Icefield—over 300 square miles—and ethereal shades of blue as you fly above glacier pools and the lagoons of Resurrection Bay.
- 1-hour glacier tour. Alpine Air’s most popular tour takes you even deeper into beautiful Kenai Fjords National Park. See massive tidewater glaciers and look for marine wildlife as you skim the dramatic coastline. —————-
- Add a landing. You have the option to add a landing to any flight. A landing will extend your tour time by an additional 15 minutes. Gently touch down and step out to explore the beautiful blue ice and mountain peaks!
- 3-hour flightseeing and dog sledding combo. Enjoy these two uniquely Alaskan activities on the same tour. Before taking off, you’ll be outfitted for mushing on the glacier. Take the scenic flight of your choice and enjoy amazing views of mountains and glaciers. Then set down on beautiful, massive Fourth of July Glacier. Here you’ll learn all about what makes dog sledding so much fun. Meet the dogs, cuddle their puppies, and climb into a sled driven by an Iditarod finisher. See how much the dogs love to run as they pull you across the ice in thrilling fashion!
About Alpine Air
Alpine Air, started in Girdwood by Keith Essex in 1991, has been offering helicopter flight-seeing longer than anyone in Southcentral Alaska. The company started with fixed-wing airplanes flying Alaskans to the backcountry; but helicopters offered more flexibility with weather so they made the switch. They still drop off visitors into the backcountry, but their main focus is on scenic flightseeing and glacier dog sledding.
What to Bring
- Flat, sturdy shoes
- Dress in layers
- Charge your phone / camera battery before the tour!
- There’s a secure area to store large bags during your flight if needed
Seward, AK 99664
- From downtown Seward: Head North on Hwy 9. Turn right on Airport Road. Follow for .5 mile.
- From Anchorage: Head south on Hwy 1 for 84 miles, keeping left to stay on AK-1N/State Hwy 9 for another 34 miles. Turn left on Airport Road. Follow for .5 mile.
Prices & Dates
|Season||Mid-May to Sept 16|
|Rates||Ocean & Glaciers Flight // $319 | 30-minute|
|Glacier Flight & Landing // $389 | 45-minute|
|Extended Glacier Tour & Landing // $489 | 1 hr|
|Add a Landing (15 minutes extra time) to any Tour // $70 extra per person|
|Glacier Dog Sledding + Flightseeing Combo // 10% off the price of both tours when you combine and book direct with Alpine Air.|
|Rate Notes||All tours depart 9:15 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m.|