This information center is a partnership between the BLM, the US Fish & Wildlife Service and the National Park Service. The Center is open daily from noon to 10 p.m. late May - early September. Here you will find information and interpretive displays about the regions history, natural environment and recreation opportunities in the area. There's also an Alaska Geographic More...
This Level Parking area was once the site of Old Man Camp, a former pipeline construction camp. There were a total of 31 construction camps operating during the construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline from 1974 – 1977. These camps were temporary facilities to house the thousands of workers who build the pipeline. Depending on the location, these camps held anywhere from 250 to More...
Houses exhibits, artifact collections, library, gift shop, and a traditional room where people can demonstrate and teach traditional crafts in Elders-in-Residence and Artists-in-Residence programs. As an affliated National Park, the North Slope Borough owns and manages the Inupiat Heritage Center.
Nunamiut Eskimo history and traditions, tools clothing, skin tent, caribou, hunting, fishing, trapping, trading. Guided tours, formal education programs for students, loan exhibits, special events. Educational materials, local Native crafts, gift items and other museum related items for sale in shop.;AnchorageHours
Mo-Fr 8:30am-5pm year roundAdmission
The Koyukuk Gold Rush is one of the most remote and oldest mining booms in Alaska. Word got out that gold had been found at the Koyukuk River and miners stampeded to the area in 1898. Today, the Koyukuk Mining District is one of the largest in the Yukon River region. Both life-long and recreational miners still find gold in this area today.
This is one of the spots where two separate construction crew met during the building of the Dalton Highway. The highway was built in 1974 to allow for the construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline and finished in only 5 months. This highway, originally a haul road allowing access to Prudhoe Bay, opened to public travel in 1994.