How We Plan Your Alaska Vacation
When you contact one our local experts to help you plan and book your custom trip, they will want to know:
- Which Alaska ‘must sees’ have you heard or read about?
- Would you like specific destinations (such as Denali National Park) or tours (flightseeing) included in your trip?
- Tell us about your general interests and hobbies! What kinds of things do you like to do on vacation? Are you a fan of microbreweries? Do you like walking or hiking? Are you a history buff or wildlife enthusiast?
Need Inspiration? Here Are Sample Requests Others Have Made
First Time Visitors Seeking the Highlights
“We are planning a trip to Alaska in June and are planning on a 10 day self-drive road trip. We'd like to visit and experience things that are truly Alaska (you can't experience elsewhere) and things that are a "must-do". This is a family trip with 2 teenagers.”
Multi-Generation Trip with Activities for All
“We are planning a eight—ten day family trip in July 2015. There will be two seniors, two adult parents, a fourteen year-old and a twelve year-old (both boys). The boys and their dad would like at least one fishing experience. Wildlife and local culture are important to us. Of course we would like to see as much of Alaska as possible but realize cost and time may prohibit that. Trying to plan this trip is overwhelming. Thank you for your experience and insight.”
Business Meets Family Vacation
“We are planning a trip for the first week of June and we need to plan something to do since my husband has to be there for business but we are taking advantage to take my self :) and our 2 daughters 13 and 7, ... but we have never been there and we have no idea about the best time to be there either... I know for sure that our trip has to be in June.”
Turning the Alaska Wishlist Into a Reality
"My husband and I would like to plan a trip to Alaska this summer (if it’s not too late). I would not be able to take vacation from July 5th thru July 19th due to my work schedule. Can you help us plan this trip? We would be starting our trip from Anchorage and renting a car. Here is the list of items we would like to do:
- Denali – with flight-seeing tour of Mt. McKinley/ landing on a glacier
- Salmon fishing (1/2 day) - town of Seward or Copper Valley River which one? Or another?
- See a glacier from the water (Kenai Fjords?)
- Whale watching
- Iditarod Headquarters
- Visit Wrangell-St Elias – if we have time
Thanks in advance for your help and making this a trip of a lifetime."