This technique involves submerging seafood into a poaching liquid to cook. It is great for any seafood species.
- Add water/seasoned liquid to a large pan and simmer. The ideal temperature for deep poaching is 140 - 150ºF
- Add flavors like lemon juice, wine, fresh herbs, dried spices
- Add seafood to liquid, skin side down
- Seafood should be fully submerged in the poaching liquid
- Check the internal temperature of the fish with a thermometer to make sure it has reached the ideal temperature. The fish should be opaque throughout
- Delicious topped with a flavored mayonnaise or salsa!