The Slana Roadhouse is visible on the south side of the road. This structure was built in the 1930's, but there has been a roadhouse here since 1912. This roadhouse is one of the few that remain of those that served travelers on the trail from Gakona to Chisana, the site of Alaska's final gold rush. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Coordinates: 62.705266, -143.958364