This Fairchild 24G was built in the early 30's and saw heavy usage as both a civilian and military plane. Approximately 400 are still registered in the U.S. and this particular aircraft served with the Civil Aeronautic Authority until 1948 when it was transferred to New Mexico Highland University. It lived in NM for six years and then changed hands several times before finding its way home to Alaska in 1978. It was restored to new by the Alaska Aviation Air Musuem in 1991 and now provides an up-close glimpse into an exciting slice of history.
Location: South Terminal, Near Gate C7