Livengood (pop. 23) Nathaniel R. Hudson and Jay Livengood discovered gold on Livengood Creek in 1914. By 1915 there was a mining camp and post office. From 1915 - 1920, the claim yielded about $9.5 million in gold. A large-scale mining attempt in the late 1930s - 1940s failed and the post office was discontinued in 1957. There is active drilling in the area so do not trespass on mining claims.
- Coordinates: 65.52262, -148.546