The Kantishna Roadhouse is an indigenous owned and operated, all-inclusive backcountry lodge in the heart of Denali National Park. Accessible only by air, experience the wilds of Kantishna with just a handful of other guests and experienced staff. They limit the number of guests on property in order to provide you with a unique, intimate experience.
An All-Inclusive Experience
Your stay at Kantishna Roadhouse is all-inclusive and includes your flight to and from the lodge with Denali Air, accommodations, meals, snacks, guided activities, naturalist activities, the use of mountain or electric bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, fly fishing, and gold panning gear. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are all provided daily, and during major meals you sit in the cozy dining rooms with other happy travelers from around the globe. Access to the Roadhouse is fly-in only.
Step into Denali’s Golden History
Owned and operated by Doyon Native Corporation, Kantishna Roadhouse features comfortable log cabin accommodations with private bathrooms blended with a historic glimpse into a goldmining past. Kantishna was established in the early 1900s, and it once accommodated a rush of hopeful gold miners seeking their fortunes. Right by the main lodge you can still peek at the original recorder’s cabin, where prospectors registered their claims more than a century ago. Standing a short distance away, you can also take a look at the original Roadhouse building, which at times served as a private residence, community center, post office, and inn. Its walls have heard many a tale shared over a cup of hot coffee and a hearty meal.
The modern Kantishna Roadhouse, where you eat and lounge, still serves the same friendly purpose of housing adventurers with the same spirit of camaraderie. The cabins include full bathrooms and electricity, but no TV or Internet— that is, no distractions from the landscape outside your window. At Kantishna you’ll be surrounded by travelers, Alaskan residents, and native Alaskans. Take some time to share stories of your Denali adventures and tales from your travels across other parts of Alaska. You are also welcome to spend some time in the large library in the lodge where you can read up on the fauna and flora of Denali and the surrounding areas.
Hike, Bike, Fish … or Just Relax
During your time at Kantishna, take part in included activities such as guided hikes, fly-fishing in Moose Creek, mountain biking along the old mining roads, and panning for gold. After dinner, you can get comfortable in the lodge’s library room to listen to an Alaskan storyteller, geologist, bird specialist or naturalist. Or you can board the shuttle for a trip to the Wonder Lake area to view Denali.
- Main lodge, built of local white spruce, features dining area, library, handcrafted full-service bar, spacious lobby
- Large Alaskan book library (flora, fauna, natural history, native peoples...)
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, guides, and drivers
- Daily guided hikes (2 – 6 hr) with naturalist guide, or independently if you desire
- Beautiful and comfortable hand crafted log cabin accommodations
- Wheelchair accessible cabins available - please inquire
- Scenic creek-front scenery with historic artifacts (original buildings, which visitors can see, date back to early 1900s)
- All-inclusive meals and snacks (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks)
- Full-service bar, complimentary Alaskan beer and wine
- Daily naturalist presentations (guest speakers and educational presentations)
- Free use of mountain and electric bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, fly fishing equipment, rain jackets, hiking poles, backpacks, water bottles, gold panning gear and water-proof bo
- No TV or phone
- 2 queen-sized beds or 1 king-sized bed with down comforters and quilts
- Private bathrooms with hot & cold running water
- Luggage racks
- Electrical outlets
Denali National Park, AK 99755
For the 2024 Season, due to a landslide impacting the Denali Park Road, the Roadhouse is accessible only by air. They have partnered with Denali Air to bring guests into the heart of Denali National Park. Current information available here: https://www.kantishnaroadhouse.com/logistics/
Prices & Dates
|Jun 4 - Sep 14
|3 Night Trip (Arrive Saturday / Depart Tuesday) // $4,350 per person + tax
|4 Night Trip (Arrive Tuesday / Depart Saturday) // $5,800 per person + tax
|7 Night Trip (Arrive/Depart Tuesday or Saturday): // $10,150per person + tax
|The lodge operates on a fixed schedule of arrivals and departures. Stays begin on either a Tuesday or Saturday. | 3 nights: Saturday, Sunday, Monday | 4 nights: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday | 7 nights: Begin on Tuesday or Saturday
|Rates apply for all guests - there is no children's rate.
|$15.00 bed tax