This technique is best with thinner cuts of fish or seafood that cooks quickly, like scallops.
- Season the fish, and dredge in a little bit of flour. This helps the fish brown
- Make sure your pan is very hot. Then, put a small amount of oil in the pan, enough to coat the bottom
- When the oil is hot place the fish in the pan, presentation side down
- After you place the fish in the pan, turn the heat down to medium so you do not risk burning the fish
- Once the fish is brown, flip it over and cook it breifly on the other side
- Finally, slide fish onto a plate. Garnish as you like