This technique cooks the seafood at a high heat to quickly create a crust and seal in juices. It is best used with thicker cuts of seafood like black cod or salmon.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Preheat the pan. Once the pan is very hot, add enough oil to coat the bottom
- Season seafood lightly
- Add seafood to pan, presentation side down
- Allow the seafood to remain undisturbed until the fish has a nice brown color. Then, turn it over and place it in the pre-heated oven
- Cook just until opaque throughout