About the Audio Guide
Ghosts haunt these walls. Mary continues to wait for the prospector who promised to marry her and who never returned.
About the Location
The Golden North Hotel, now home to several retail stores, started operating during the Gold Rush. Built by the Klondike Trading Company in 1898 it was originally a two story building. George Dedman and a business partner purchased the building following the Gold Rush. It was moved to its present location in 1908. At this time the third story and dome were added and the building began operating as a hotel. The dome, which appears to be of Russian or Slavic origin, was constructed by a carpenter from Montana. The tower helped show visitors, some of whom were illiterate in early days, the building's location.