What Glacier Nalu Campground Resort is Like
Nalu means “wave” in Hawaiian, and the Glacier Nalu Campground Resort combines the stunning scenery of Alaska with the relaxed atmosphere of Hawaii. Whether you’re traveling by RV or tent camping, this spacious, 12.5-acre park—surrounded by large spruce trees with a creek running through it—is perfect for couples or families who want to experience outdoor living.
Each space is large enough for an RV as well as 1-2 vehicles, and the campground features tons of amenities, including Wi-Fi, laundry, and free showers (there’s even one apartment available as a vacation rental).. You might even meet up with some of the locals—ferry captains, helicopter pilots, and others—who also live here seasonally.
Located just a few miles from the ferry terminal and the airport, Glacier Nalu is about 10 miles from downtown Juneau and 2 miles from the Mendenhall Visitor Center. It’s also easy to access the West Glacier Trailhead, for great hiking, or Montana Creek, where you’ll find amazing fly fishing. Or ask the office staff to help you book local activities like kayaking or bear-viewing; you can even rent kayaks and paddleboards here.
- RV Sites: 64 sites with full hookups and 30-amp service. Water/sewer included. Free Wi-Fi, cable TV, pet friendly. All sites are back-in.
- Tent Sites: 8 deluxe tent sites with a covered gazebo, fire pit, picnic table, and parking spot. 1 Deluxe Group Tenting Site, with two covered gazebos, fire pit, picnic table, and parking.
- Vacation Rental: Tiny home studio available to rent summer 2023.
Elevated Glamping: Our 3 Elevated Glamping sites include a canvas tent on an elevated platform. Our canvas tents are 12x12 ft. in size with an 8 ft. ceiling height. Each glamping site comes with sleeping quilts, pads, 2 camping chairs, and a small cooler for food storage. Guests will need to bring their own food and cookware supplies (pots, pans, plates, bowls, mugs, cutlery). Each site also includes one parking space, complimentary WIFI, shared water and electricity for charging devices, and a shared outdoor camp kitchen with a cook stove.
- Cable TVWi-Fi
- Electric with all RV, Deluxe Tenting, & Group Deluxe Tenting sites
- Coin-op laundry, open 24/hours a day
- Bathrooms and unlimited free showers
- Free coffee, tea, and water in the office
- Massive DVD library, in the office checked out to guests for free
- Book exchange (take a book/leave a book) in the laundry room.
- Limited snacks for sale in the office.
- Vending machine with soda pops in the laundry room.
- Free coffee and tea in the laundry room.
- Firewood for sale.
- Ask for a site with a picnic table or fire ring when reserving online
Prices & Dates
|Season||May 1 - Sept 30|
|Rates||Deluxe Tent Site // $40 per night|
|RV & Trailer, 31’ and over // $42 per night|
|RV & Trailer, 30’ and under // $41 per night|
|Group Deluxe Tent Site // $60 per night|
|Elevated Glamping Tent Site // $80 per night|
|Rate Notes||Check-in/Check-out: 2 p.m./12 p.m.|
|Contact directly for winter lodging options|