Visiting Juneau and want to stay outdoors in the great Alaskan wilderness? This campground and RV park is the place to do it.
What It’s Like
Nalu means “wave” in Hawaiian, and the Glacier Nalu Campground Resort combines the stunning scenery of Alaska with the relaxed atmosphere of Hawaii. Whether you’re traveling by RV or tent camping, this spacious, 12.5-acre park—surrounded by large spruce trees with a creek running through it—is perfect for couples or families who want to experience outdoor living.
Each space is large enough for an RV as well as 1-2 vehicles, and the campground features tons of amenities, including Wi-Fi, laundry, and free showers (there’s even one apartment available as a vacation rental). Play cornhole and other games outside. You might even meet up with some of the locals—ferry captains, helicopter pilots, and others—who also live here seasonally.
Located just a few miles from the ferry terminal and the airport, Glacier Nalu is about 10 miles from downtown Juneau and 2 miles from the Mendenhall Visitor Center. It’s also easy to access the West Glacier Trailhead, for great hiking, or Montana Creek, where you’ll find amazing fly fishing. Or ask the office staff to help you book local activities like kayaking or bear-viewing; you can even rent kayaks and paddleboards here.
- RV Sites: 64 sites with full hookups and 30-amp service. Water/sewer included. Free Wi-Fi, cable TV, pet-friendly. All sites are back-in.
- Tent Sites: 5 deluxe tent sites with covered gazebo, fire pit, picnic table, and parking spot. 15 standard tent sites feature shared tables and covered areas.
- Vacation Rental: The 2-bedroom rental has one queen bed in each room with one couch that folds out into a queen bed. All have memory foam mattresses. Sleeps a maximum of 6 people. Washer and dryer in apartment.
- Cable TV
- Electric with all sites
- Coin-op laundry, open 24/hours a day
- Bathrooms and unlimited free showers
- Free coffee, tea, and water in the office
- Massive DVD library, checked out to guests for free
- Book exchange (take a book/leave a book) in the office
- Limited snacks and beverages available for sale in vending machines
- Firewood for sale
- Ask for a site with a picnic table or fire ring when reserving online
Prices & Dates
|Season||May 1 - Sept 30|
|Rates||RV & Trailer, 30’ and under // $40 per night|
|RV & Trailer, 31’ and over // $42 per night|
|Deluxe Tent Site // $30 per night|
|Standard Tent Site // $22 per night|
|Rate Notes||Check-in/Check-out: 2 p.m./12 p.m.|
|Contact directly for winter lodging options|