The Air Park is located northeast of the ski strip and is accessed via taxiway Charlie and Float Pond Road. It opens for the summer season generally by mid May and closes around the end of September, depending on weather. The Air Park currently provides; 15 aircraft tie-down spaces, which include a campsite for 1 tent at each tie-down location, 2 covered pavilions, BBQ pits, and restrooms with showers.
This facility is available for use by fly-in transient light aircraft users, their passengers and invited guests, airport tenant organized group functions, or other special events with prior coordination through the Airport Operations 907-474-2500.
The Air Park pavilions may be reserved for aviation functions by contacting Airport Operations at 907-474-2500 for scheduling and approval. Use outside of the normal operating season may be authorized by Airport management upon request.
Use of the Air Park for transient pilots is $10.00 per day. Please place parking permit stub from the fee envelope in the windshield of your aircraft, or at the campsite, if parked on the float pond. We use the honor system: please place payment envelopes in the collection box located at the south pavilion. Tenant organization use is free of charge.
Air Park Rules
- Maximum stay of 14 days for any single visit may be imposed during periods of high demand.
- Users must clean up the area after use.
- Users of the Air Park facilities are responsible for assuring that all members of their parties, particularly children, are kept within the Air Park area and away from operating aircraft, runways, and radio controlled taxiways.
- The peeling of bark from any trees is strictly prohibited. Firewood is generally provided, therefore the cutting of trees is STRICTLY forbidden. In the event firewood is depleted, please notify Airport Operations at 907-474-2500.
- Fires may be built only in the pavilion stoves and in the individual fire pit areas provided at aircraft tie down spaces. DO NOT leave fires unattended, and ensure fires and coals are extinguished before leaving the area.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Automobiles driven by persons other than the transient pilots are restricted to the designated vehicle parking area. Air Park campers may park vehicles at their aircraft site.
- Pavilions may be reserved for group use by calling Airport Operations at 907-474-2500