Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 5 min
- 1 pound Alaska Surimi Seafood (Imitation Crab), finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise, or for a lighter version use non-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard, prepared
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- 8 slices French bread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 leaves of leaf lettuce
- Combine Alaska Surimi Seafood, eggs and onions in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and salt. Mix well to combine; season to taste with black pepper, hot sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Line bread in two rows on the counter. Measure about 1/2 cup salad mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top with 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf and bread top. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Place the sandwiches on the griddle. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, turn and grill for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each sandwich in half at an angle to serve.
Nutrients per serving (using low-fat mayonnaise): 565 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 15% calories from fat, 140mg cholesterol, 32g protein, 86g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 1510mg sodium, 134mg calcium and 1000mg omega-3 fatty acids.