Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 3 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted olives (black, Kalamata or green)
- 4 Alaska Cod fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 thin slices Mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Spray a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of fish with olive oil and place in baking pan. Roast, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the sun-dried tomato mixture onto the fillets. Cut cheese slices in half, if needed, then arrange over fillets. Top with little bunches of cherry tomatoes on the vine; drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Return fish to oven and roast an additional 8 to 10 minutes for frozen fillets or 5 to 6 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Garnish with basil leaves.
Nutrients per serving: 291 calories, 15g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 45% calories from fat, 71mg cholesterol, 33g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 440mg sodium, 257mg calcium and 420mg omega-3 fatty acids.
Photo by Steve Lee