4 parking spaces. Picnic area with 2 tables, 2 benches, one grill. Located in Government Hill Greenbelt.
This property was a Federal land patent in 1958. In 1968 it was acquired from BLM under the Recreation and Public Purposes act for $50. The park was named in honor of the oldest residents, Jack and Nellie Brown, who arrived in the ship creek area in 1915. The purpose of this park was to give the community a park with a view of the city, Alaska Railroad area, and surrounding mountains. The park also contains a totem pole that was built by school children.