Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons pimenton (smoked paprika)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 5 medium or 3 cups sliced red onion
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 large Alaska Weathervane Scallops, patted dry
- 16 bacon slices, fully-cooked but not crisp
- 16 mini-hamburger buns, split
- 16 small (3-inch) lettuce leaves
- Blend mayonnaise and pimenton in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Stir in onions; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and simmer one minute. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Wrap each Alaska Scallop with a cooked bacon slice. Grill or sauté scallops for 2 to 3 minutes per side, cooking just until scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp.
- Place buns on grill and lightly toast. To serve, spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on cut side of each bun. Place about 2 tablespoons onions on the bun bottoms, top with a bacon-wrapped scallop and lettuce leaf, then close with bun tops.
Nutrients per serving (1 slider): 299 calories, 21.5g total fat, 5.5g saturated fat, 65% calories from fat, 26mg cholesterol, 5.5g protein, 21g carbohydrate, <1g fiber, 275mg sodium, 6mg calcium and 530mg omega-3 fatty acids.