Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 8 pieces bell pepper quarters or onion slices
- 8 slices dense white bread, sandwich-sized
- 8 oz. pepper-jack cheese slices
- 8 oz. Alaska Smoked Salmon, sliced or chunked
- 1/2 cup flavored cream cheese (jalapeño, dill, etc.)
- Grill bell pepper quarters or onion slices. For each sandwich, layer one bread slice, 2 vegetable slices, 2 oz. sliced cheese and 2 oz. Alaska Smoked Salmon. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese on one side of each remaining bread piece. Top each sandwich, spread side down.
- Grill sandwiches on panini grill, or in pan topped with heavy plate/cover, just until cheese begins to melt. Slice and serve.
- Variation: Roasted red peppers can be substituted for fresh peppers.
Nutrients per serving: 541 calories, 32.5g total fat, 20g saturated fat, 55% calories from fat, 104mg cholesterol, 30g protein, 30.5 carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 1354mg sodium, 510mg calcium and 400mg omega-3 fatty acids.