Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) or 2 cans (7.5 oz. each) traditional pack Alaska salmon OR 8 to 10 oz. skinless, boneless salmon (canned or pouched), drained and chunked
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 to 4 English muffins, split
- Mix salmon with mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, seasoned salt, and celery seed. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Set oven to broil. Lightly toast cut side of muffins on baking sheet set 5 inches from heat. Spoon 1/4 cup salmon mixture (for 8 servings) or 1/3 cup (for 6 servings) onto each toasted muffin half. Top with remaining cheese. Broil 3 to 4 minutes until cheese melts and is lightly browned.
- Cook’s tip: Substitute shredded pepper-jack OR Swiss cheese for Cheddar.
Nutrients per serving: 262 calories, 16g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 54% of calories from fat, 48mg cholesterol, 17g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 643mg sodium, 227mg calcium and 1000mg omega-3 fatty acids.