Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 quart (32 oz.) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Alaska Seafood portions (4 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 2 cups (about 8 oz.) fully cooked rice noodles
- 1/2 to 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 to 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup each Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 lime wedges
- In a large (12-inch) nonstick pan or stockpot, heat broth, onion, fish sauce, chili oil, ginger, chili flakes, coriander and cloves over high heat until simmering. Cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Seafood portions under cold water. Turn off heat and gently add seafood to liquid, skin side down. Return heat to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cover pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes for frozen seafood or 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Turn off heat and let seafood rest 5 minutes or until seafood is opaque throughout.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup noodles and a seafood portion in a soup bowl. Ladle on 1 cup broth. Garnish with mushrooms, sprouts, basil leaves, cilantro and lime wedge.
- Cook's tip: If using Alaska Crab, omit resting phase. Shell crab, if desired.
Nutrients per serving (with Alaska Pollock): 364 calories, 4g total fat, 0.6g saturated fat, 9% calories from fat, 81mg cholesterol, 31g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1321mg sodium, 40mg calcium, and 500mg omega-3 fatty acids.