Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 8 oz. regular or light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds Alaska Cod fillets, fresh, thawed or frozen
- 8 flat tostada shells (6 to 7 inches each)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Prepared salsa, as needed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro and 3 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Combine olive oil, remaining lime juice and cilantro, salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water, pat dry with paper towel. Place fillets on a spray-coated baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste cod fillets with olive oil mixture. Bake an additional 7 to 8 minutes for frozen cod or 3 to 5 minutes for fresh/thawed fish, adjusting cook time for smaller fillets. Bake just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on tostada shells. Divide shredded cheese on top of cream cheese. Place tostadas on baking sheet and bake just until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Flake cod with fork; divide among tostadas. Top with prepared salsa and fresh avocado slices.
Nutrients per serving (with light cream cheese): 422 calories, 32g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 69% calories from fat, 60mg cholesterol, 21g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 381mg sodium, 113mg calcium and 400mg omega-3 fatty acids.