Travel from Anchorage to Utqiagvik (Barrow) to experience the Top of the World. Highlights include the chance to dip your toe in the Arctic Ocean, a visit to the Iñupiat Heritage Center, the Whale Bone Arch, and plenty of scenic natural wonders.
Note for 2021: Some small Alaskan communities are not accepting visitors due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an ongoing and changing situation. We will not confirm your booking or accept payment unless the restrictions are lifted and there is a strong possibility the trip will materialize. Please call or email us (contact buttons above) to check on the current status.
Wednesday • Anchorage - Barrow
1 View on Map
Fly to Barrow from Anchorage on an Alaska Airlines flight and arrive at your hotel, Top the World Hotel.
Conveniently stationed near all top local attractions, this new Arctic Slope hotel blends first-rate hospitality and location into a complete lodging experience that will make you feel right at home.
Enjoy quick access to some of Alaska's top tourist attractions, including the Iñupiat Heritage Center, the Whale Bone Arch, the Arctic Ocean and plenty of scenic natural wonders.
Enjoy clean, soft beds, ocean views, and superior amenities in a relaxing atmosphere that will make you feel right at home.
Our attentive, courteous staff is available twenty-four hours a day.
Amenities include an on-site restaurant and complimentary Airport Shuttle Service.
Thursday • Barrow
2 View on Map
Today you will experience the Summer Day Tour of Barrow.
- Complimentary shuttle service, as available, for Summer Day Tour guests to and from the hotel and the Alaska Airlines terminal.
- Visit many historical sites with an excellent narrative.
- Walk on the Tundra and see the ancient Inupiat sod hut remains.
- Drive to the northern most point in the U. S. (as far as the bus can take you, which is to the end of the road) and dip your toe in the Arctic Ocean.
- Explore the Inupiat Heritage Center, visit the Traditional Room to meet Inupiat Eskimo artists, talk to them about an Umiapiaq (traditional whaling skin boat), polished & etched baleen, carved ivory or whaling tools.
- View Arctic wildlife, as available.
- When available: Cultural Presentation - Meet local natives whom will welcome you with Inupiat songs and dancing using traditional drums and perform a demonstration of the Eskimo native games.
Prices & Dates
|Season||May 15 - Sept 15|
|Rates||$1097 per person | Double Occupancy|
|Rate Notes||Package includes: 2-nights accommodation, meals as listed, airline as noted|
|Some portions of this itinerary may be subject to change.|
|All guided tours included in this package require a minimum of 2 passengers!|