Wednesday • Anchorage - Barrow
1 View on Map
Fly to Barrow from Anchorage on an Alaska Airlines flight and arrive at your hotel, Top the World Hotel.
Conveniently stationed near all top local attractions, this new Arctic Slope hotel blends first-rate hospitality and location into a complete lodging experience that will make you feel right at home.
Enjoy quick access to some of Alaska's top tourist attractions, including the Iñupiat Heritage Center, the Whale Bone Arch, the Arctic Ocean and plenty of scenic natural wonders.
Enjoy clean, soft beds, ocean views, and superior amenities in a relaxing atmosphere that will make you feel right at home.
Our attentive, courteous staff is available twenty-four hours a day.
Amenities include an on-site restaurant and complimentary Airport Shuttle Service.
Thursday • Barrow
2 View on Map
Today you will experience the Summer Day Tour of Barrow.
- Complimentary shuttle service, as available, for Summer Day Tour guests to and from the hotel and the Alaska Airlines terminal.
- Visit many historical sites with an excellent narrative.
- Walk on the Tundra and see the ancient Inupiat sod hut remains.
- Drive to the northern most point in the U. S. (as far as the bus can take you, which is to the end of the road) and dip your toe in the Arctic Ocean.
- Explore the Inupiat Heritage Center, visit the Traditional Room to meet Inupiat Eskimo artists, talk to them about an Umiapiaq (traditional whaling skin boat), polished & etched baleen, carved ivory or whaling tools.
- View Arctic wildlife, as available.
- When available: Cultural Presentation - Meet local natives whom will welcome you with Inupiat songs and dancing using traditional drums and perform a demonstration of the Eskimo native games.
Friday • Barrow - Anchorage
3 View on Map
This full day tour from Anchorage includes a local guide, an aerial tram ride up Mt. Alyeska, fresh lunch in Girdwood, a visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and scenic photo-stops along the way!
Sit back in a comfortable and clean sprinter vans as your Alaskan driver guides you down Turnagain Arm, an All-American Road and National Scenic Byway. Look out for alpine scenery, hanging glaciers, and potential wildlife!
Visit the quaint town of Girdwood and a favorite local eatery for lunch (provided). After lunch ascend up the side of Mt. Alyeska on an aerial tram. From the top (weather permitting) take in views of several glaciers and the upper reaches of a temperate rainforest. Next, visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a 200-acre natural habitat that provides wildlife education and rehabilitation for some of Alaska's favorite animals! You will be driven and also walk approximately 2-miles through the Conservation Center's trails as you get close enough to observe some animals such as moose, reindeer, bison, wolves, and more! While seeing bears cannot be guaranteed due to the size of their habitat, it is common to see both brown and black bears at the Conservation Center! Make sure to take photos of the wildlife with amazing backdrops of the Chugach Mountains and Turnagain Arm! Before making the return drive to Anchorage, make sure to stop at the Conservation Center's Gift Shop.
Complimentary snacks and water are provided throughout the tour. Guide gratuity is not included.
To better the guest experience of everyone on tour, hotel pickups are limited three hotels per tour, based on a first come first service basis.
Overnight in Anchorage
- 2 person minimum
- Total tour length: Approx. 6 hours
Prices & Dates
|Season||May 15 - Sept 15|
|Rates||$1097 per person | Double Occupancy|
|Rate Notes||Package includes: 2-nights accommodation, meals as listed, airline as noted|
|Some portions of this itinerary may be subject to change.|
|All guided tours included in this package require a minimum of 2 passengers!|