Ginger is located in historic downtown Anchorage, Alaska. Open since March of 2007, we specialize in Pacific Rim cuisine and classic Asian specialties. Our meals are hand-crafted from fresh ingredients by a devoted crew of local restaurant veterans. Enjoy an innovative and satisfying meal in our warm, modern atmoshpere. Ginger also offers a Bar & lounge area with local micro-brewed beer and a select wine and sake list, as well as Gluten Free options.
Some sample menu items:
- Mu Shu Tacos: seasoned chicken Chinese slaw with house-made Hoison sauce and warmed flour tortillas ($11 at lunch).
- Ginger Cheeseburger: a 6 oz ground rib-eye pattie with pepperjack cheese, and fried onion topped with a creamy wasabi bbq sauce ($11 at lunch).
- Spicy Tuna Tower: marinated ahi with avocado salad, wasabi tobiko, wonton crisp ($13 at dinner).
- Baked Sea Scallops “Mac & Cheese”: seared and oven-finished jumbo Alaskan scallops served over penne pasta with three-cheese cream sauce drizzled with truffle oil ($27 at dinner).
- Lobster-glazed Duck Breast: with confit on braised lentils and poached pear frisee salad ($25 at dinner)
- Chocolate Decadence: Rich fudgy cake topped with cardamom sweet cream and merlot reduction ($7)
- Green Tea Crème Brulée with white chocolate cream and fresh seasonal berries ($8).
Season and Hours
Open for lunch Monday through Friday at 11:30 am, brunch is served on the weekends from 11:00 am - 2:30 pm, and dinner service starts at 5:00 pm every day.