1 day/2 nights. Most travelers arrive by train at 8 p.m., and you’ll want at least one full day in Fairbanks.
- Half-day guided city tour in the morning.
- Riverboat Discovery (3.5 hours)
- Gold Dredge 8 (2.5 hours)
- Note: Most tours do not provide transportation in Fairbanks like they do in Denali, and most hotel shuttles are limited as well. Be sure to prepare transportation in advance, or rent a car.
- University of Alaska Museum of the North
- Pioneer Park (there’s also a Salmon Bake and an evening show)
- Antique Auto Museum
- Santa Claus House
- Stroll on the banks of the Chena River
- Drive to Chena Hot Springs (1.5 hours)
If You Have More Time
- Take an Arctic Tour.