In 1906 the chapel was built to honor Father Igumen Nicolai and Makary Ivanov. Fr. Nicolai, Kenai's first priest, brought small pox vaccine, which saved the lives of hundreds of Dena'ina. The chapel is on the site of the original 1849 church, located in the northwest corner of the Russian fur trading post of Fort St. Nicholas.
- Coordinates: 60.553337, -151.269707