Here are some additional details about schedules and fares on the Alaska Marine Highway System:
- Ferries run year round, though their prime summer schedule runs from May 1 to Sept. 30. Departure times vary by day on certain routes. To learn more about the Alaska Marine Highway and its various routes, see our Alaska Marine Highway Overview page.
- Fares come in components, and depend on the distance of your trip, whether you take a vehicle and whether you book a cabin. See sample prices below.
- Check for discounts and specials. Children ages 6 to 11 ride for half price, while kids under 6 ride free.
Prince Rupert to Skagway
Great for RV'ers who want to set out from outside of Alaska but don't want to drive the whole way.
- Sailing time: around 2 and a half days
- One-way cost: Estimated fare is $200 for two adult passengers, $187 for a cabin with 2 berths and $503 for a 19-foot vehicle.
- Total for two people, with RV: $1,036.00
A week in Southwest Alaska: Valdez to Whittier, combined with a round-trip from Homer to Kodiak
This cruise works well with a popular driving circuit through some of America's most beautiful highway scenery. From Whittier, you drive to Anchorage along Turnagain Arm, and from there to Valdez along the Glenn and Richardson Highways -- seeing Alaska's largest roadside glaciers and highest waterfalls. Back at Whittier, you can drive south to the Kenai Peninsula or enjoy up-close glacier day cruises in Prince William Sound. Add on a trip from Homer to Kodiak and get off the beaten path and to see some of the wildlife Alaska is so well known for.
- Sailing time: nearly 3 hours on the first leg, nearly 10 hours on the second leg.
- One-way cost: Estimated fare is $326 for two adult passengers and $341 for a 19-foot vehicle.
- Total for two, with RV: $955.00
Cross Gulf: Bellingham to Whittier
This trip drops you at a great launching spot to get you up to Denali by car or the Alaska Railroad. Plus, you can view gorgeous marine scenery.
- Sailing time: 4 and a half days
- One-way cost: Estimated fare is $1,390 for two adult passengers, $578 for a cabin with 2 berths and $1,772 for a 19-foot vehicle.
- Total for two people, with RV: $3,017.00
For reservations, call 1-800-642-0066. Or, email email@example.com.