Paxson Junction (pop. 28) This small community began when Alvin Paxson opened the Timberline Roadhouse at mile 192 in 1906. His cook, Charles Meier, later opened a roadhouse at mile 170. Paxson built a larger roadhouse at mile 191 adding a barn with two sleeping rooms and a bath. Soon, a post office, store, woodhouse and small ice room were added.
- Coordinates: 63.02968, -145.497