Harry Karstens was the first ranger of Denali National Park. He arrived in early summer 1921, and established his headquarters on the northwest bank of Riley Creek, an ideal spot for monitoring visitors using the trail leading into the park. In 1925, the headquarters moved to it's current location at mile 3.4 of the Denali Park Road.
Mile 10.6 Denali Park Rd
- Denali Park, AK Driving Directions