You can't get much further into the park than the Denali Backcountry Lodge, at the end of the 95 - mile road into Denali National Park. This remote and comfortable lodge is prepared to offer a complete vacation experience in the heart of wilderness. Getting there is part of the adventure, as you drive the park road through pristine wilderness, seeing wildlife and sweeping landscapes along the way. Once you arrive, you can dive into any number of activities, like hiking, or biking. Or, you can sit in a creek - side gazebo and watch the world go by.
Denali Backcountry Lodge caters to families with children age 6 and up. Children will find plenty to explore right outside their cabin door, on the banks of Moose Creek. There are also evening presentations and gold panning or other activities.
- Slide shows and natural history presentations take place in the two-story lodge
- Relax in outdoor gazebos near Moose Creek
- Walk on a suspended footbridge over Moose Creek and hike numerous tundra trails
- Enjoy a buffet-style breakfast and lunch, or a to-go lunch. Family-style dinners begin with gourmet appetizers
- Try gold panning, mountain biking, or a guided walk. It's all free.
- Flightseeing costs extra, but provide a priceless experience
- Hike or take a shuttle to spectacular viewing areas when Mount McKinley is "out"
- 30 cedar cabins with private bathroom