Construction of this 14-story state-of-the-art mill began in 1908 and took 10 years to complete. Tramways connected the 5 Kennecott mines to this mill, transporting up to 1,200 tons of ore every day. At the mill, the ore was processed using advanced technology to extract the copper. Most of the machinary is still intact today.
Source: McCarthy Kennicott Historical Museum